Beverly L. Edwards is a member of The Rocky Mountain Law Group, LLC. For over 40 years, Bev has focused her practice in the area of Creditor’s rights, including foreclosures, bankruptcy, replevin, collections, workouts, and other matters for her creditor clients throughout the state of Colorado. Bev was selected by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell as a “2013 Top Rated Lawyer” and was featured in the January 2013 issue of the American Lawyer Magazine. The January 2013 issue of the American Lawyer Magazine highlighted women attorneys who have achieved the AV Preeminent peer review rating, the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards, and have achieved leadership status.
Bev has extensive experience in simple residential foreclosure action, agricultural, business, and complex, multi-property commercial transaction. She has represented consumer, commercial, real estate and agricultural lenders in Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy cases cases. Her Bankruptcy experience includes cash collateral, relief from stay, post-petition financing, and dischargeability issues; plan confirmation and other matters affecting her creditor clients.
Bev has represented commercial banks, agricultural lenders, finance companies, and other lenders in loan workout situations. She has participated in numerous real estate transactions, including the preparation of loan documents for lenders on real estate transactions, preparation of commercial and residential real estate contracts and commercial and residential real estate closings.
Bev has represented numerous creditor clients in both commercial and consumer collection cases. She has taught seminars on collection procedures, and has successfully collected assets for clients. She has experience in post-judgment execution procedures, execution against real property, chattels and other personal property.
- Colorado, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1985
- J.D. – 1981 University of Denver/College of Law
- B.A. – 1976 from Colorado College cum laude
- Author of S.B. 123 in 1987 Legislative Session which restructured foreclosure statutes
- Collection of Accounts Receivable, October, 2001
- Continuing Legal Education, Automatic Stay in Bankruptcy, April, 2009
- Continuing Legal Education, Creditor’s Rights upon Default, October, 2010
- Continuing Legal Education, Workouts, October, 2011
- Independent Bankers, Bankruptcy Basics, June, 2011
- Continuing Legal Education, Foreclosures, November, 2010
- Independent Bankers Association, Bankruptcy Update, April 2012
- Independent Bnakers Association, Workouts, July, 2012
- Independent Bankers Association, Remedies, July, 2012
Professional/Community Associations and Memberships:
- Member, Denver and Colorado Bar Associations
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- City of Aurora Business Advisory Board, 1994-2003
- President, City of Aurora Business Advisory Board, 1998
- President, Smoky Hill Rotary Club, 2000-2001
- Member, Smoky Hill Rotary Club Foundation Board, 2000-2004
- Member, City of Aurora Public Defenders Commission
- President, Senate District 31 Community Service Fund, 1998-2003
- Commercial Loan and Grant Review Committee, 1997-2003
- Who’s Who in Professional and Executive Women, 1987
- Who’s Who Among Top Executives, 1998-1999
- Who’s Who, 2000-2001.
- Former registered lobbyist